STC Carolina Mentoring Program
The greatest good you can do for another is not to just share your riches but to reveal to him his own. -Benjamin Disraeli
The Mentoring Program helps students, recent graduates, and career changers enter the technical communication industry. The program also helps develop the next group of enthusiastic and dedicated chapter leaders.
The mission of the mentoring program is to provide a structured approach by which mentors provide one-on-one assistance to mentees, helping them establish themselves in our profession.
Mentoring is conducted twice a year, in the Spring (~April 1st) and Fall (~October 1st).
For more information, see the STC Carolina Mentoring Program Guidelines.
To learn more, contact the Mentorship Program Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.
- Gain personal satisfaction from helping others discover their potential.
- Enhance coaching, feedback, and leadership skills.
- Gain exposure to new perspectives from the mentee.
- Expand professional networks.
- To be considered as a mentor, complete the application.
- Develop pieces for your professional portfolio.
- Develop a professional network.
- Receive career guidance and resume help.
- Increase visibility in the industry.
- Develop and enhance skills needed to move forward in your careers.