Date(s) - 09/26/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for the second of a three-part series on building a tech comm portfolio. In Portfolio 101, we discussed different approaches to building a personal brand. In 201, we will learn practical techniques to find and shape pieces for your portfolio. We will also take a look at tools and tips to design and present your portfolio.
Planned topics include:
- Freelance Technical Writer: Blogging for fun and profit with Karl Hughes
- Before & After: Finding & fixing bad docs
- One Pull Request at a Time: Contributing to open source docs
- Ashley Hardin, Principal Technical Writer at Red Hat
- Karl Hughes, Founder of https://draft.dev
- Christina Mayr, Information Architect at Epic Games
Saturday, September 26
9 AM to 12 PM
Member Ticket: $29
Nonmember Ticket: $39
Student Ticket: $19
Purchase Tickets on Eventbrite
If you would like to attend and are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about volunteer opportunities to offset the cost of your ticket.
Tickets will include access to Portfolio 101 resources.