Date(s) - 02/19/2020 - 02/20/2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
About this Talk
In this talk, Christina Mayr gives participants an often secret view into a technical writing manager’s hiring process. Christina will walk through her applicant screening process to show how job seekers of all experience types can stand out to busy hiring managers and ultimately rise to the top of the virtual pile.
- Writing a good job description
- Screening applicants
- Creating and evaluating writing tests
- Tracking applicants outside the ATS
- Communicating with applicants
- Your resume as a work sample
- Selling yourself – beyond the resume
- Leveraging your network & LinkedIn while job searching
- Tips for standing out (and what to avoid)
There are two webinar sessions of this talk and one in-person event over two days, so please register for one of the following sessions:
- (Webinar) Wednesday, February 19, 12:30 PM Eastern*
- (Webinar) Wednesday, February 19, 8:30 PM Eastern*
- (In Person) Thursday, February 20, 6:00 PM Eastern**
*Webinar joining instructions will be sent via email closer to the event.
**Food and beverage will be served at the in-person event.
About the Speaker
Christina Mayr is an Information Architect at Epic Games in Cary, NC and has worked around the Raleigh-Durham area in various industries as a writer, editor, knowledge manager, authoring tools administrator, and everything-content-related-go-to-person. To share her love of helping users connect with technology, Christina teaches the Tools Workshop within the Duke Continuing Education Technical Writing Certificate. While her first passion was writing, her second is making candidates shine. When not working, volunteering, and managing a household with two young children, Christina keeps up with the tech comm industry via social media, reading blogs, and learning new skills. Learn more about Christina at https://www.linkedin.com/in/christinamayr.
Bookings are closed for this event.