As a volunteer-led and member-centric chapter, STC Carolina thanks you for your continued dedication to the craft of technical writing. An excellent way to express such dedication is by recognizing leaders in your local community, so thank you also to everyone who voted for the Admin Council candidates.
STC Carolina 2022-2023 Admin Council
Congratulations and special appreciation to the following leaders in our community on their roles for the upcoming council year.
- President: Art Berger continues as President.
- Vice President: Debra Rook joins us as Vice President.
- Secretary: Cathy Sprankle serves as Secretary, having served in the past on the council in multiple roles, including Treasurer.
- Treasurer: Tami Love joins the Admin Council as Treasurer, after many years working with the Competitions committee.
- Programs Director: Manasi Gandhi serves Director of the Programs and Events Committee, after helping coordinate the mentoring program this past Spring.
- Communications Director: Samantha Zerger continues as the Director of the Communications Committee.
- Competitions Director: Amy Spears continues as the Director of the Competitions Committee.
- Outreach Director: Landra Cunnigham serves as Outreach Director, having served in the past on the council in multiple roles, including Communications Director.
- Membership Director: Marcia Shannon continues as Membership Director.
Thank you to last year’s volunteers and council members
This year’s council is set up for success in large part because of the efforts of last year’s council. Many of the council has graciously agreed to give their time and talents again this year, as seen previously, but we also want to recognize volunteers whose terms have come to an end.
- Treasurer: Dr. Guiseppe Getto, whom, after many years of service to the chapter including as President, we are losing to the Georgia chapter. We will miss you, and hope to see you at future STC Summits!
- Secretary: Bridget Potter, who stepped into the role after serving as our mentoring director for many years. She has been advancing her career through technical communication continuing ed, as well as serving in other professional societies. We’re grateful that she’s still an active member of our chapter!
- Programs Director: Michael Peter, who steps down after two years of doing an excellent job at managing our events, including our pivot to virtual programming during the pandemic. He is still an active member of our chapter, and we look forward to seeing you around!
- Outreach: Kevin Flinn, who helped us with education outreach last year even while moving to Florida. Nice to see you excelling in your UX writing role down in the Sunshine State!
Can you help?
We invite you to learn more about what the Council does by reviewing the Volunteers page, which includes a presentation towards the end of the page that describes each role. Note that in particular, we are seeking help with the following roles.
- Webmaster: Get experience managing enterprise IT systems like WordPress and Google Workspaces in a very risk-free and creative environment.
- Event Coordinators: Help out Manasi put on engaging events, whether it’s for just one, some, or all the ones we do this upcoming year.
- Mentorship Manager: Coordinate the 90-day long mentorship program in the Fall or Spring.
- Judge Manager: Help Amy coordinate the many entries and critiques from volunteers that we receive in our annual competition, starting in the Fall.
Don’t have the bandwidth to volunteer in such a role? We’d love to see you get involved in any way that would be valuable to you. Good places to start are to subscribe to the weekly announcements from the form on our homepage, start a conversation on our Facebook page or Slack #carolinas channel, attend an event, or take our annual survey to help shape this upcoming year’s strategy.