Countdown to June elections!
Calling all Carolina members: it’s that time of year again when we’re gearing up for chapter elections. We’re looking for a few people to join our team for the 2020-2021 year. We had a banner year this past year, and of course are hoping to continue our success. However, we also recognize that 2020 has been a year of, well, challenges, to put it mildly.
I invite you to tune in to the following video, where I briefly introduce why I would love to have you volunteer for the chapter and what you can expect in the year ahead. Then, please review the available positions and schedule a 1-on-1 with me to learn more about volunteering for the chapter. Thank you for your consideration, and stay safe everyone!
Review the following Admin Council positions we’re looking for volunteers, as well as some one-time opportunities if you can’t commit to a recurring role. For more detailed information about positions and how the council operates, check out the slides on the Volunteer page.
- Manage Chapter funds: track income and spending, reimburse members as needed.
- Ensure financial activities support chapter goals and adhere to STC policies.
- File tax statement, lead Admin Council in preparation of budget, prepare annual financial summary.
- Maintain custody of Chapter’s physical assets and files.
Time commitment: Approximately 4 hrs/month, plus AC meeting
- Attend all council meetings – Once a month, 1.5 hrs, virtual.
- Fairly low month-to-month, but certain times of year such as the October budget or annual tax filing can take more time.
- Update spending records and prepare financial documents – About 4 hrs/month.
- Attend Administrative Council meetings each month.
- Attend chapter events and introduce chapter to attendees if President is unavailable.
- Assist President in managing Admin Council.
- Automatically succeed to President at end of 1- or 2-year term.
- Work with the President to ensure all tasks on the chapter to do list are completed in a timely manner.
- Serve in the place of the President should he or she be unable to do so.
Time commitment: Approximately 10 hrs/month, plus monthly AC meeting.
Don’t have time for a recurring role? Check out some of our one-time volunteer opportunities for shorter-term ways that you can serve the chapter. For more information, see the Volunteer page.
- Process and Knowledge Transfer (Spring/Summer)
- Competitions Vounteer (Fall)
- Competitions Judge (Fall)
- Viewing Party Coordinator for offsite events (ad-hoc throughout the year)
- Presenter (ad-hoc throughout the year)
- Hospitality Coordinator (ad-hoc throughout the year)
- Graphic Designer (ad-hoc throughout the year)
Interested? Let's talk!
Technical Writer at IBM and VP of STC Carolina
Blog post contributed by Art Berger.