Author: lrmeyer747 Published At: Wed, Aug. 01, 2012 06:57 pm EDT Expires At: Sat, Sep. 01, 2012 06:57 pm EDT
1. Workshop: Building and Managing Successful Teams, August 18, DurhamJoin us in Durham on Saturday, August 18, 2012, for "Building and Managing Successful Teams," a half-day workshop that explores key characteristics of successful teams and their members. Workshop leader Paul Mueller will talk about team leadership, interviewing, coaching, and why people choose to stay. We will also explore decision types, personality types, and common dysfunctions of a team.
Breakfast will be provided. Networking begins at 8:30 AM EDT. The program runs from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT. Our thanks to our hospitality sponsor, TPS, and to NetApp for providing the facilities.
To register for the workshop, visit http://www.stc-carolina.org/Workshop%3A+Building+and+Maintaining+Successful+Teams .
2. Practical Conference on Communication - East Tennessee Chapter, October 26-27, KnoxvilleThe East Tennessee Chapter will host the 27th Practical Conference on Communications October 26-27 in Knoxville, TN. The program committee seeks speakers and workshop leaders. For more information about the conference, visit pcoc.stc-etc.org. You may send workshop proposals to pcocmanager at stc-etc.org.
3. Joint Meeting with Technical Editing SIG, September 13The Carolina Chapter and the Technical Editing SIG will present a joint program on September 13, with speaker Laura Poole, who will discuss textbook editing. Watch for more details on the Carolina and Technical Editing websites (http://www.stc-carolina.org, http://stc-techedit.org )
4. STC Community Funding Models Survey - Open Through August 3STC and Carolina chapter members -- Take a few moments to complete the Community Funding Models survey. STC is looking at four community funding models from which they will select one. Your feedback is important! The survey is open through Friday, August 3. To find out more about each funding model, and to complete the survey, visit http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KBTQTBJ.
5. Duke University Continuing Education Certificate in Technical CommunicationDuke University's Continuing Education Certificate in Technical Communication program provides an educational opportunity for those considering an entry-level career in technical communications, or for writers seeking to hone or diversify their current writing skills. The eight-month program provides a convenient evening and weekend format. For more information, visit
6. Thanks to Our Chapter SponsorsThe STC Carolina Chapter would like to thank our corporate sponsors
for their generous support of our chapter's activities.
7. STC Carolina's Mobile AppThe Carolina Chapter now has its very own mobile application! Install our app on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device, and stay up-to-date with the chapter. Our app includes features such as:
- Native installation on all major platforms (Apple, Android, WinOS, Blackberry, etc.)
- The latest news and updated event information
- Triangle-area employment opportunities
For more information and instructions for downloading the app, visit http://stc-carolina.org/Mobile+App.
8. Welcome, New Members!If you've just joined, welcome to the STC Carolina Chapter! We're an active chapter, so please check out our website at the following link:
You can find our upcoming events on our website's chapter calendar. There are many opportunities to get involved, and we encourage you to participate in the events planned throughout the year. Generally, we hold membership meetings on the third Thursday of each month. You can also follow us on social media:
- LinkedIn: http://stc-carolina.org/LinkedIn
- Twitter: http://stc-carolina.org/Twitter
- Facebook: http://stc-carolina.org/Facebook
- Google Plus: http://stc.carolina.org/GooglePlus
- My STC: http://stc-carolina.org/mystc
If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact the chapter leadership. We're here to help you reap the benefits of membership in this dynamic organization. Contact us at http://www.stc-carolina.org/Leadership.
- DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST 2 (MAESTRO CARE BEACON) - Duke University and Duke University Health System - Durham, NC
- DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST 2 (MAESTRO CARE AMBULATORY) - Duke University and Duke University Health System - Durham, NC
- Grants Writer - North Carolina Office of State Personnel - Wake County, NC