Author: lrmeyer747 Published At: Thu, May 03, 2012 03:31 pm EDT Expires At: Sun, June 03, 2012 03:31 pm EDT
May 2012 Announcements
1. May Meeting: Making Mobile Apps, May 10Join us on Thursday, May 10, for "Making Mobile Apps" with Rick Sapir, chapter webmaster. Rick will show how he used the Conduit platform to create the Carolina Chapter mobile app and the STC mobile app. Bring your laptop and mobile device, and you can create your very own app! We'll be meeting from 6:00 to 8:00 PM EDT at SDI, 1005 Slater Road, Suite 220 in Durham. For more information, and to sign up (it's free), visit http://stc-carolina.org/Making+Mobile+Apps.
Our thanks to sponsors TPS and SDI for their continued support.
2. Volunteer Opportunity: Call for Nominations for Treasurer and Director-at-Large PositionsThe STC Carolina Chapter, a recipient of the 2012 Community of Excellence award, currently has openings for a treasurer and two new directors-at-large to serve on the Administrative Council from July 2012 through June 2013. The admin council is responsible for leading the chapter and organizing chapter activities. Under our new bylaws, the chapter is adopting the director-at-large model used by the Society to give us flexibility in assigning responsibilities based on the chapter's current needs. Join us in helping lead our thriving,
award-winning chapter! For more information, visit http://www.stc-carolina.org/article293.
3. Still Time to Register for Summit 2012, May 20 - 23, Rosemont, ILRegistration is still open for Summit 2012, the STC Annual Conference in Rosemont, IL (greater Chicago area). Join fellow Carolina chapter members (and presenters) for three days of education, networking, and fun. For more information, and to register, visit http://summit.stc.org. (NOTE: The special conference rate for rooms at the Hyatt is no longer available, but check with the hotel for room availability.)
4. Welcome, New Members!If you've just joined, welcome to the STC Carolina Chapter! We're an active chapter, so please check out our website at the following link. You can find our upcoming events in the calendar on our home page. http://www.stc-carolina.org/
There are many opportunities to get involved, and we encourage you to participate in the events planned throughout the year. Generally, we hold membership meetings on the third Thursday of each month. You can also follow us on social media:
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=21047
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/stc_carolina
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2405569345
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact the chapter leadership:
We're here to help you reap the benefits of membership in this dynamic organization.
Our award-winning, online publication. Check out the latest articles or subscribe via email...
- TechComm and Translation to the Publishing Industry
- Why You Should Join STC
- From Pharmacy Technician to Hopeful Technical Writer
- Help Steer the Ship
- Meeting Recap DITA 1.3