Author: lrmeyer747 Published At: Wed, Mar. 07, 2012 01:23 am EST Expires At: Sat, Apr. 07, 2012 01:23 am EDT
1. March Social: Dinner and a movie, March 8, 5:30 - 10:00 PM ESTAnd now for something completely different...dinner and a movie! On Thursday, March 8th at 5:30 p.m., join us at Neomonde Cafe in Raleigh for a healthy Mediterranean meal. Let's catch up: What have you been working on lately? Who's going to the STC Annual Summit, Writers UA, or other conferences this year? At about 6:45 p.m., we'll adjourn to the nearby Blue Ridge Cinema, home of the $2 movie. Movies rotate frequently, so we'll make a decision that night. You must R.S.V.P. so we can reserve plenty of tables. For more information and to sign up, go to http://stc-carolina-2012-03.eventbrite.com/
2. Awards Banquet, March 29, 6:00 - 9:00 PMJoin us for the STC Carolina Chapter's premiere event of the year, the Awards Banquet, at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary. We will honor the winners of the 2011-12 competitions and introduce the new STC Fellow and Associate Fellow honorees. For more information and to make a reservation, go to
http://www.stc-carolina.org/Awards+Banquet+2012. Thanks to TPS for their support!
3. STC Elections Start March 9 (postponed from March 2)Elections for STC Vice President, Director (two positions), and Nominating Committee (two positions) start on Friday, March 9. All STC members who renewed by February 29 are eligible to vote. For information about the candidates, go to http://www.stc.org/election.
4. Save the date - April 19: Joel Gendelman presents "Ten Techniques for Increasing Interactivity in Training"More information to come.
5. Check out STC Carolina's new mobile app!STC Carolina has a new mobile app! Point your Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, or other mobile device to http://stc-carolina.mobapp.at to download and install the app. Put it through its paces and us know what you think.
6. Welcome, new members!If you've just joined, welcome to the STC Carolina Chapter! We're an active chapter, so please check out our website at the following link. You can find our upcoming events on the “Calendar” page.
There are many opportunities to get involved, and we encourage you to participate in the events planned throughout the year. Generally, we hold membership meetings on the third Thursday of each month. You can also follow us on social media:
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=21047
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/stc_carolina
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2405569345
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact the chapter leadership. We're here to help you reap the benefits of membership in this dynamic organization.
- Nuclear-Project Manager/I&C-DCS (188761) - Procedure Solutions Management, LLC - New Hill, NC
- AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ADVISOR/ASST MANAGER, MGMT TRAINEE, COX TOYOTA, LTD OPPORTUNITY, APPLY NOW! - COX TOYOTA - Burlington, NC
- DHTS APPLICATION ANALYST 2 (MAESTRO CARE BEACON) - Duke University and Duke University Health System - Durham, NC